CLIENT  SUYI (A starup based in Sydney)

DURATION  4 months

ROLE  UX designer

SKILLS  Card sorting   Graphic design    Information design 

Redesign of  SUYI Website

​I redesigned the SUYI website to make it more well-bedded and clear, to enhance the overall user experience and better achieve its business goal. 

SUYI provides professional translation services for all kinds of certificates, licenses and documents. As a start-up based in Sydney, it had served over hundreds of customers in one year.  

However, according to the background data, the website was confusing and disorganized which severely jeopardizes the experience of customers. 

01 Before the Redesign

Before starting to redesign the interfaces. I conducted the heuristic evaluation, I find some problems related to ‘flexibility and efficiency of use’,‘match between system and the real world’, and ‘aesthetic and minimalist design’  These were the problems I needed to pay attention to in the next step. 

Flexibility and

efficiency of use 

Match between the system and the real world 

Aesthetic and

minimalist design 

1. Some items in the menu were overlapped.

2. The layout was messy, so the important information was not obvious enough. 

3. Some elements were unclickable, but the shadows around were misleading. 

4. The overall style and colors were dull and depressing which failed to effectively convey the brand value. 

5. The guidance for purchasing was vague and confusing. Potential customers might be intimidated by the complex procedures. 

...

02 Redesign Process
03 Stakeholder Interview 

To align the website goals with marketing goals, I conducted interviews with members of the executive team. I also examined the feedbacks from our users' interviews to better understand their needs. 

Users liked to seek help directly from the customer service staff, 

which could be an increasingly heavy burden on the customer service personnels.

Users and the company both wanted the process of making an order to be as simple as possible, which would save customers’ time and help the company boost orders. 

Users preferred a more clear and well-bedded menu. 

04 What does Google Analytics tell me about user behavior?

I examined the user data from google analytics to further learn about users' behaviors.  Those results can helped me to pinpoint the challenges and problems, thus to better redesign the user flow and interfaces. There was a reason behind every design decision I made. 

05 Our Design Goal

Based on the stakeholder interviews and data from google analytic, I set the design goal. I wished to simplify the procedures, to shorten the time cost to 5 minutes or less. Also, I intended to redesign the layouts, to make the arrangements more well-embedded.

06 Card Sorting & A/B Test 

Card Sorting 

The biggest problem is the structure of menu. Some items are overlapping and some are redundant. Then, I got the card sorting results from 4 users. Based on the results, I rearranged elements on the front page and the menu to make it simpler, more well-bedded and in accordance with users’ cognitive model. 

​I redesign the information structure based on card sorting results
A/B Test 

To simplify the procedure, I integrated the different steps and rearranged information to elaborate the user flow. From service selection to the payment, the users can accomplish the whole procedure step by step and freely quit or return at any point. 

I hoped the users could make the purchase smoothly and efficiently to decrease the drop-out rate and  increase orders. 

Before
After

I conducted A/B test on 10 people, and the results showed that the rearrangement reduced the overall time it took to make an order. 

07 Interfaces 

Previous surveys indicate that more than 70% of the users are between 18-30, showing that the target group were relatively young.  After meeting with executive members, we decided to change the colors and styles of the interfaces to convey a lively and joyful feeling.